Moringa Oleifera – Power Tree, Super Food
An informative workshop on the nutritional, medicinal, and social value of Moringa oleifera.
This event was presented by a diverse team of committed Moringa cultivators and cooks. Besides going home with an array of delicious new recipes, participants learned why and how to plant & propagate Moringa in their own garden (as they all took home their own Moringa plant).
We all learned about one of the most amazing trees that amends soil, strengthens landscapes, and provides some of the best nutrients for the human body.
Become a Moringa grower and change the world one tree at a time, while improving yourself, and the lives of those around you.
When & Where
10:00 – 14:00
Saturday, January 28, 2017
Jalan Raya Sayan
Sayan, Ubud, Gianyar
- Slow Food members: Rp 180,000/person
- Non-SF Members: Rp 240,000/person
- Welcome Moringa Drink & Moringa Snacks
- Moringa Workshop
- Vegetarian Buffet Lunch
- Take-home Moringa tree
- Bouquet of Moringa leaves for home cooking
- Samples of dried Moringa leaves & powder for home use
- E-booklet of Moringa Recipes.
10:00 – 10:30 Welcome Moringa Green Drinks & Snacks
10:30 – 12:00 Moringa Workshop & Prensentations
- Why Moringa?: Overview (Silvina Miguel, Evolving Pemaculurist)
- Food as Medicine (Chef Made Runatha, Moksa Plant-based Restaurant)
- All About Moringa: All Aspects of this Power Tree – Super Food (Silvina Miguel)
- How to Plant & Propagate Moringa (Steffen, Emas Hitam Indonesia team)
- Stories from Moringa Farmers in Bali (Kadek Suardika / Emas Hitam Indonesia and I Made Cakra / Tri Hita Karana)
12:00 – 13:30 Super Power Lunch
- Review of Moringa Recipes and cooking techniques of Luncheon Menu (Mary Jane Edleson)
- Sumptuous Buffet Lunch featuring a variety of Moringa recipes (from your e-booklet of Recipes)
We have a new system!
You can now purchase tickets directly online here.
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com
Supported by / Organized with…
One thought on “Moringa Oleifera – Power Tree, Super Food”
Leave a Reply
- Thursday, July 5, 2018 / Living Light, Sayan, Ubud, Bali
Join us for the first in a series of SFB Thirsty Thursday events, where we will be exploring the importance of biodiversity in our local food systems.
- To be announced soon
Join us for an informative workshop celebrating all aspects of the amazing BANANA plant.
- To be announced soon.
Come join fellow Slow Food friends to celebrate local heritage fruit preserving.
- To be announced soon.
Come celebrate some of the most amazing Italians who have developed their own artisanal crafted foods right here in Bali.
Exploring how to make cheese using local ingredients here in Indonesia. A special project led by a Slow Food Bali member!
Jams made from fruits you have never heard of!
Experience the preparations & tasting of the renowned Smoked Bali Duck
All About Goats, Fine Chocolate and the Tastiest of Fresh Balinese Cuisine.
Learn the tradition of fermenting legumes for use in an assortment of nutritious recipes.
- [ more future events ]