Wild honey tasting and discussion in cooperation with the Indonesian Forest Honey Network (JMHI / Jaringan Madu Hutan Indonesia).
Slow Food Bali was proud to work with JHMI for this event. Their organization’s efforts to encourage wild honey production in Indonesia — for health & nutrition, for local community development, for preservation of the forest habitats, etc etc — are very much part of Slow Food Bali’s vision for food in Indonesia.
This event included a tasting of five different types of wild honeys, from Sumatra, Kalimantan, Sumbawa, etc. The cultural, environmental, and health & nutritional dimensions of honey in Indonesia will be presented by the Forest Honey Network. Special honey tinged Welcome Cocktails, light hors d’oeuvres were enjoyed by over 60 people.
The clear winner was the forest honey from Flores. A huge hit!
When & Where
- 5 – 7 pm, Thursday, March 6 2014
- Cibo Ristorante Italiano
- Jalan Raya Sayan (at Gaya Fusions & Gaya Gelato)
5:00 – 5:15 Welcome & BEE WILD!!
- Enjoy a Welcome Drink & Canapes, all infused with Indonesian wild forest honey. Recipes specially developed by CIBO for the evening’s celebration!!
5:15 – 6:00Presentation: Indonesian Forest Honey Network
- Get to know the bee species Apis dorsata, a key forest pollinator, and the primary forest honey producer in Asia.
- Learn about the health & nutritional aspects of forest honey.
- Find out how to help protect & preserve the forests of Indonesia as natural habitats for many species, including critical bee pollinators.
6:00 – 6:15 Wild Forest Honey Tasting
- Participate in a tasting of five different wild forest honeys, from Flores, Java, Kalimantan, Sumatra and Sumbawa.
6:15 – 7:00 Mixer Time with Slow Food Friends
- Enjoy a variety of canapes from the kitchens of the newly opened CIBO restaurant.
- Win some great Lucky Draw prizes: Forest Honey Collections, and Dinners for Two at CIBO.
- Try a scoop of delicious Forest Honey Gaya Gelato!!
- Contribute your Ideas for future Slow Food Bali programs!
Leave a Reply
- To be announced soon
Join us for an informative workshop celebrating all aspects of the amazing BANANA plant.
- To be announced soon.
Come join fellow Slow Food friends to celebrate local heritage fruit preserving.
- To be announced soon.
Come celebrate some of the most amazing Italians who have developed their own artisanal crafted foods right here in Bali.
Exploring how to make cheese using local ingredients here in Indonesia. A special project led by a Slow Food Bali member!
Jams made from fruits you have never heard of!
Experience the preparations & tasting of the renowned Smoked Bali Duck
All About Goats, Fine Chocolate and the Tastiest of Fresh Balinese Cuisine.
Learn the tradition of fermenting legumes for use in an assortment of nutritious recipes.
- [ more future events ]