“Grow Your Own Dinner”
We started the first in a series of member workshop focused on developing specific and practical home & community gardening skills.
With a commitment to increase home & community gardens across Bali, SLOW FOOD BALI was pleased to invite members & friendsy to the first in a series of informative & practical workshops, staged in various locations around Bali, where you can develop your skills to “grow your own dinner”. In this first workshop, we gained practical first-hand experience in the all important relationship between soil health, food vitality and vibrant well-being!
10:30 am: Arrival & Welcoming. Fresh Juices
10:45 – 12:00: Living Soil Workshop
- Participation in an Informative & interactive permaculture exchange, facilitated by spirited SFB Committee Member Stefan Mclinger.
- Learning the key steps of amending & revitalizing soil, focusing specifically on tropical gardening.
- Discovering the practical techniques for maintaining balanced soil, through enhanced structure & composition.
12:00 – 2:30pm Living Food Presentation
- We gained appreciation of the health benefits of nutrient-dense, plant-based cuisine.
- Listened to the exciting personal story of how award-winning Chef Made Runatha married his organic food gardens with a delicious vegan menu, creating the best nutrition nature has to offer.
12:30 – 2:00pm Living Lunch
- We experienced an “Awakening of the Senses”. Chef Made will offered a sumptuous 3-course “living cuisine” lunch, presented in a most extraordinary way, in a natural environment that inspired us deeply.
When & Where
10:30am – 2:00pm
Saturday, March 19, 2016
- Rp 150,000 for SFB Members (priority booking immediately)
- Rp 200,000 for non-SFB Members
Leave a Reply
Join us for an informative workshop celebrating all aspects of the amazing BANANA plant.
- To be announced soon.
Come join fellow Slow Food friends to celebrate local heritage fruit preserving.
- To be announced soon.
Come celebrate some of the most amazing Italians who have developed their own artisanal crafted foods right here in Bali.
Exploring how to make cheese using local ingredients here in Indonesia. A special project led by a Slow Food Bali member!
Jams made from fruits you have never heard of!
Experience the preparations & tasting of the renowned Smoked Bali Duck
All About Goats, Fine Chocolate and the Tastiest of Fresh Balinese Cuisine.
Learn the tradition of fermenting legumes for use in an assortment of nutritious recipes.
- [ more future events ]