Beds to Brunch- How to Grow, Cook & Enjoy Your Own Home Food
How to Grow, Cook & Enjoy Your Own Home Food
Sunday, June 30, 2013
Banjar Baung, Sayan, Ubud, Bali
We celebrated the true “farm-to-table” movement, and learned practical skills on sustainable home gardening & food production. The family-style garden training & brunch program was Slow Food Bali’s efforts to encourage better eating, better living and better opportunity for local food producers.
Slow Food Committee Member Orin Hardy showed how to improve our home food cultivation by better garden bed construction, with special attention to ways to increase yields. The gardening exercise was followed by a sumptuous Bambu Indah “Field to Table” Family Brunch, with assistance from Mary Jane Edleson.
Garden Brunch Menu
- Chicken Yakitori. Marinated grilled skewers of chicken, onion & peppers.
- Potato Egg Frittata. Sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, pesto, and goat cheese.
- Asian Ratatouille. Slow roasted eggplant, zucchini, pumpkin, and multi-colored sweet peppers, with Caramelized Ginger Sesame Glazing.
- Tofu & Tempe Pumpkin Curry. With colorful veggies in a rich coconut gravy.
- Turmeric & Coconut Rice with Tropical Aromatics. Graced with tadka, Indian crackling spices and curry leaves.
- Mixed Asian Greens. Laced with grilled oyster mushrooms.
- Multi-Bean Salad. A symphony of local legumes, bathed in citrus vinaigrette.
- Corn & Okra Perkedel. Sweet & sour chili sauce.
- Lively Ferments. Artisanal sauerkraut & kimchee samplings.
- Mango Rosella Chutney.
- Spicy Tomato Sambal.
- Savory Uttapam Pan Breads.
- Sweet Apple Carrot Muffins. Cinnamon & rosella punctuations.
Desserts & Drinks
- Pineapple Cashew Tarte Tatin.
- Talam Ketan Lapis Pandan. Aromatic layered pandan & sticky rice pudding with gula merah & grated coconut topping.
- Fresh Local Fruits
- Local Coffee; Rosella Tea; Young Coconut Water with Lime.
Leave a Reply
- Saturday, January 28, 2017 / Living Light Bali - Sayan, Ubud
SORRY, THIS EVENT IS FULLY SOLD OUT.
- To be announced soon.
Come join fellow Slow Food friends to celebrate local heritage fruit preserving.
- To be announced soon.
Come celebrate some of the most amazing Italians who have developed their own artisanal crafted foods right here in Bali.
Exploring how to make cheese using local ingredients here in Indonesia. A special project led by a Slow Food Bali member!
Jams made from fruits you have never heard of!
Experience the preparations & tasting of the renowned Smoked Bali Duck
All About Goats, Fine Chocolate and the Tastiest of Fresh Balinese Cuisine.
Learn the tradition of fermenting legumes for use in an assortment of nutritious recipes.
- [ more future events ]