Beds to Brunch- Celebrating the Brassica Vegetables
Celebrating the Brassica Vegetables
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Banjar Baung, Sayan, Ubud, Bali
We celebrated the true “farm-to-table” movement, and learned practical skills on sustainable home gardening & food production. The family-style garden training & brunch program was Slow Food Bali’s efforts to encourage better eating, better living and better opportunity for local food producers. For the second edition of Beds to Brunch, we focused on the glorious brassica family.
Slow Food Committee Member Orin Hardy showed how to improve our home food cultivation by better garden bed construction, with special attention to ways to increase yields. The gardening exercise was followed by a sumptuous Bambu Indah “Field to Table” Family Brunch, with assistance from Mary Jane Edleson.
Brassica Brunch Menu
- Great Brassica Gado-Gado Mandala (with cashew sauce, kangkung, daun singkong, bayam amaranth, mung bean sprouts, tahu goreng, tempe goreng, daun kelor, steamed potato, hard boiled eggs)
- Pepes Ikan Marinated Fish grilled in banana leaves
- Bebek Betutu Slow Roasted Spicy Duck with daun singkong stuffing
- Brown rice Ketupat Steamed rice packages
- Fresh Sambal Sambal tomat and sambal matah
- Sauerkraut & Kimchee Samplings
- Jajan Bali Traditional Balinese cakes
Leave a Reply
- Thursday, July 5, 2018 / Living Light, Sayan, Ubud, Bali
Join us for the first in a series of SFB Thirsty Thursday events, where we will be exploring the importance of biodiversity in our local food systems.
- To be announced soon
Join us for an informative workshop celebrating all aspects of the amazing BANANA plant.
- To be announced soon.
Come join fellow Slow Food friends to celebrate local heritage fruit preserving.
- To be announced soon.
Come celebrate some of the most amazing Italians who have developed their own artisanal crafted foods right here in Bali.
Exploring how to make cheese using local ingredients here in Indonesia. A special project led by a Slow Food Bali member!
Jams made from fruits you have never heard of!
Experience the preparations & tasting of the renowned Smoked Bali Duck
All About Goats, Fine Chocolate and the Tastiest of Fresh Balinese Cuisine.
Learn the tradition of fermenting legumes for use in an assortment of nutritious recipes.
- [ more future events ]